If you have any questions about AIRE'18 please contact us via
- You can still submit your papers even if you have missed the abstract submission deadline.
- Submit your papers here
- AIRE will feature two keynote speakers: Lionel Briand and Brian Fitzgerald.
- The workshop will take place on Tuesday, August 21st, 2018.
- The website is now online.
The purpose of this workshop is to explore synergies between Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Requirements Engineering (RE) to improve requirements quality. AIRE aims to strengthen the links between the community, including industry and academia. We welcome submissions in the intersection between RE and AI. The topics of interest include but are not limited to:
- RE quality models and their automation
- Natural language processing and comprehension
- Machine learning techniques including supervised, unsupervised, and machine-human interactions
- Reasoning about uncertainties and ambiguities
- Reasoning techniques
- Knowledge acquisition and representation
- Agent based solutions
- Problem solving and decision making support mechanisms
- Optimization techniques
- Automated approaches for prioritization
Focal Topic: CrowdRE
A focal topic of this fifth edition of the workshop is the use of AI techniques for stimulating, collecting, and analyzing crowdgenerated data to derive requirements, a process commonly known as CrowdRE. The recent CrowdRE workshop series, collocated with the RE conference, has shown that crowd-generated data provide great potential and challenges for AI techniques and automation, and that the research being performed in the fields of AIRE and CrowdRE is highly compatible.
Therefore, We especially invite approaches that address specific challenges of the focal topic of CrowdRE, including:
- Crowd-based monitoring and usage mining approaches
- Application scenarios of CrowdRE using AI technology
- Automatic approaches to motivate, steer, and boost creativity towards requirements elicitation and validation
- Platforms and tools supporting CrowdRE through mining
- AI and human computation
AIRE'18 is co-located with the 26th IEEE International Requirements Engineering Conference (RE 2018) in Banff, Canada.